Staff Report TheStatehouseFile.com INDIANAPOLIS – Gov. Eric J. Holcomb announced Monday several new appointments and reappointments to various boards, commissions and councils. The governor made one new appointment and three reappointments to the Indiana Commission for Higher Education:
- Coleen Gabhart from West Lafayette. Gabhart is a 2018 graduate of Ivy Tech who has transferred to Purdue University to continue her postsecondary education. She will serve as the commission’s student member, with a term expiring June 30, 2020.
- Christopher LaMothe from Indianapolis. LaMothe is the chief executive officer of Elevate Ventures and will serve until June 30, 2022.
- Dr. Beverley Pitts from Fishers. Dr. Pitts is president emerita of the University of Indianapolis. She has been reappointed to serve with a term expiring June 30, 2022.
- Christopher Murphy, III from South Bend. Murphy is the chairman, president and chief executive officer of 1st Source Corporation as well as the chairman and chief executive officer of 1stSource Bank. He will serve until June 30, 2022.
The governor made three reappointments to the Purdue University Board of Trusteeswith each reappointment serving a three-year term, with terms ending July 1, 2021:
- Michael R. Berghofffrom Indianapolis. Berghoff is founder and president of Lenex Steel Corporation.
- JoAnn Brouillette from West Lafayette. Brouillette is managing partner and president of Demeter LP.
- Vanessa J. Castagna from Dallas, Texas. Castagna is former chair of Mervyns Department Stores and former chief executive officer and chair of JC Penney. She was selected by the Purdue Alumni Association.
Holcomb made two reappointments to the Indiana State Board of Educationand they will serve until June 30, 2022:
- Dr. David Freitas from Granger. Freitas is a professor of educational leadership at Indiana University South Bend.
- B.J. Watts from Evansville. Watts is a teacher and coach with the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation.
The governor reappointed Dr. Virginia B. Calvin from Granger to the Indiana Charter School Board. Calvin, former chancellor of Ivy Tech Community College North Central campus, will continue her duties for the board through June 30, 2022. The governor reappointed Judge Andrea K. McCord of Mitchell to the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute Board of Trustees. McCord, a Lawrence County Circuit Court judge, will serve through June 30, 2022. Holcomb reappointed Mark A. Schroeder from Jasper to the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions board of directors.Schroeder is chairman and chief operating officer of German American Bancorp, Inc. and will serve until June 30, 2022. The governor reappointed Frederick A. Medley of Indianapolis to the Indiana Parole Board with a term that expires June 30, 2022. The governor named Norman H. Gurwitz of Indianapolis to the State Lottery Commission. Gurwitz, whose term expires June 30, 2022, is former executive vice-president and corporate counsel for Emmis Communications Corporation. TheStatehouseFile.com is a news website powered by Franklin College journalism students.